The Canterbury Earthquake website was set up as the Canterbury Civil Defence response to the 4 September 2010 earthquake in Canterbury, New Zealand. It was reactivated in response to the 22 February, June 2011 and 23 December 2011 Christchurch earthquakes and was the official website for civil defence information during the response and early recovery phases.
With the move now to a recovery phase, there is no longer a need for the site to provide operational and lifeline information. All previous information has now been archived but is available on this website by using the top navigation or site search.
This website will be re-activated in the event of another Civil Defence emergency in Canterbury.
For earthquake recovery information, please contact the following agencies
- CERA (Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority) – www.cera.govt.nz
- New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management- www.civildefence.govt.nz
- Christchurch City Council – www.ccc.govt.nz
- Earthquake Commission – www.eqc.govt.nz
- Environment Canterbury – www.ecan.govt.nz
- Canterbury Emergency Management Group – www.cdemcanterbury.govt.nz
- Ministry of Social Development – www.msd.govt.nz
- Canterbury District Health Board – www.cdhb.govt.nz
- Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild – www.strongerchristchurch.govt.nz
- Orion New Zealand Ltd – www.oriongroup.co.nz
- Waimakariri District Council – www.waimakariri.govt.nz
- Selwyn District Council – www.selwyn.govt.nz
- Metro bus services for Greater Christchurch and Timaru – www.metroinfo.co.nz