To stay healthy, remember:
- Boil or treat water before using for drinking, food preparation, or brushing your teeth.
- If you can’t flush your toilet, bury human waste in your garden, or wrap it well in paper or plastic and put it in red wheelie bin for collection.
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently, and always:
- after dealing with human waste
- after going to the toilet
- before and after food preparation
- For emergency medical attention, call 111.
- If you are unwell or injured, contact your GP or after-hours surgery. Limit contact with others, especially if you have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Avoid contact with sewage, and with rivers, ponds, and surface water.
- Take care with refrigerated or frozen food. Don’t refreeze thawed food.
- Don’t eat garden produce if there has been liquefaction.
- Look after and support your family and neighbours.
See post on key public health messages for details.